Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a customized, comprehensive program of exercise training, classes, psychological support and ongoing follow up for certain chronic lung diseases.
If you have one of the following diagnosis, you may be eligible to participate with an order from your doctor:
- Moderate to very severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Our 12-week program is tailored to each participant's specific needs. The program includes:
- Exercise training/reconditioning sessions
- Breathing exercise training to manage shortness of breath
- Medication counseling by pharmacist
- Nutrition counseling by Registered Dietitian
- Individual counseling regarding test results, exercise prescriptions, etc.
- Condition and tolerance updates provided to your physicians
- Collaboration with your physician to tailor care to meet patients' specific needs
- Educational sessions to help patients better understand and manage their disease
Iowa Quitline/Smoking Cessation: https://iowa.quitlogix.org/